NCBC is excited to announce that we will resume in-person church service on September 20, 2020, National Back to Church Day.
We are allowed to have no more than 50% of the church filled during this time. Therefore, based on the size of our church, we have determined that we can safely accommodate up to 80 persons, including staff.
Please note: Occupancy must be reduced to accommodate for social distancing of at least six feet between people who do not live in the same household. In indoor settings, occupancy must not exceed 50% of total occupancy, with a maximum of 250 people in a single self-contained space.
In outdoor settings, gatherings must not exceed 250 people.
We will have a sign-in sheet for church service for traceback purposes in case of a COVID outbreak. (Note: Any outbreaks are confidential information) Coming to church service will look different during this time:
- Please use the restroom before coming to church. Limit one person in restroom, fixtures, and
doors will be sanitized after use.
- Facemasks are mandatory. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you. We have
disposable face masks for $1. We also have reusable facemasks with a logo for $5 and face shields
available for $5.00.
- The doors will be open 30 minutes before church service and we will be taking temperatures at
- Please use hand sanitizer before entering through the front doors, we will also have hand
sanitizer located in the lobby area as you enter.
- At least (2) staff members will be there to greet you.
- Please arrive early. We want to avoid a situation where the majority of the people coming to
church service all show up 5 minutes before church service begins.
- As you are entering the main door and walking up to the church please remain socially distant
from other people that are entering at the same time as you.
- Pews that are not available for seating will have signs on them. Do not sit in these pews.
- No more than 2 households per pew, if the 2 households can sit 6 feet apart in the pew. Some
pews will only be able to accommodate 1 household.
- We will have (3) ushers to help people find seats.
- Please be attentive to signage, as we have one door for entering and another door for exiting, in
order to avoid cross-contamination.
- Praise Team/Choir will be required to wear face shields and will recognize social distancing.
- All mics will be wiped down and sanitized after use.
- Sanitizer will be used in the pulpit.
- Pews will be sanitized before and after church.
- We will have (2) offering boxes on the side of each door near the sanctuary entering or exiting.
The distribution of Communion: Communion will be distributed in packaged form with juice and wafer enclosed.
After you have received Communion exit the church through one of the doors, throw your cup away, and sanitize your hands as you leave. We are asking that people not stay around to socialize after service in the church.
Continued Checklist Information
All COVID-19 positive persons, those who are symptomatic, and those living with them, must stay home.
Persons over age 65 and those with preexisting health conditions should continue to stay home and avoid public gatherings, including in church. The obligation to attend Church on Sunday continues to be suspended if the pandemic continues.
We will continue to utilize Facebook Live and YouTube to offer Sunday services 10:45 am for the benefit of the homebound and those otherwise vulnerable and unable to attend in person.
We will not have Sunday School or Youth Church because we have to limit our amount of time gathered together.
Thank you for your cooperation during this challenging time and we are grateful for your support and faithfulness to our NCBC community. We are confident that together, with God’s love, help and guidance, we will make it through this time of uncertainty. We trust that God has a plan in all of this for us. May God continue to watch over us, bless us, and guide us on this journey.
God Favor Aplenty In 2020!